Information We Collect
We may collect information directly from you, from third parties, and automatically through your use of our Sites.
Information We Collect Directly. To make a purchase, participate in a sweepstakes, contest, or survey sponsored by us, sign up for deals, or use certain Site features (e.g., the “contact us" form), you must provide us certain personal information (e.g., name, address, email address, payment information, etc.). In addition, we also may collect certain optional information through the Sites and Stores. For instance, we may ask you for additional information (such as your name, address, email address, phone number, age, due date, and other pregnancy-related information, etc.) so that we (and in some cases our third-party partners) can send you information and offers we think will interest you, personalize your experience with us, and for other marketing, research and analytics purposes. You can always choose not to provide us with this information!
Your Content. If you post reviews, comments, photos or other content to our Sites, we collect information about what you post and may associate this with the other information we have collected about you.
Our Use of Your Personal Information
Generally, we use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- To complete your purchase, process your transactions (including returns and exchanges), and fulfill your orders (including to ship products to you).
- To administer contests or sweepstakes, including to contact winners.
- To communicate with you about your use of our Sites and your activities and purchases in our Stores, to respond to your inquiries, to fulfill your orders, and for other customer service purposes.
- To contact you to ask your opinion on various topics that may be of interest to you and/or may help us serve you better.
- To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, to offer location customization, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Sites.
- For marketing and promotional purposes. For example, we may use your information, such as your email address, to contact you regarding products, services, and information we believe you would find useful, and to send you news and newsletters, special offers, and promotions. We also may use the information that we learn about you to assist us in advertising on third party websites.
- To better understand how users access and use our Site and the products and services available in our Stores, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our services, products, and the Sites, and respond to user desires and preferences, and for other research and analytical purposes
- To protect our own rights and interests, such as to resolve any disputes, enforce our Terms of Service, or to respond to legal process.
How We Disclose Your Personal Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf.
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates or subsidiaries; however, if we do so, their use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information will be subject to this Policy.
- Marketing Partners. We may also share your personal information with select companies, who may send you news, offers, promotions and other information we think may interest you, or who may contact you to ask your opinion on various topics. You may opt-out of our sharing your information in this way, as set forth in the Choices section below.
- Users. When you post content on our Sites, your name any information that you post will be available to, and searchable by, all users and visitors of the Sites.
- Business Transfers. If all or part of our business, assets, Stores or Sites are merged with or sold to another company, or as part of a bankruptcy proceeding, your personal information will be transferred to the surviving or acquiring company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena or other legal process.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We may share aggregate or de-identified information about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research or other purposes.
Cookies and Tracking
Pixel Tags. Pixel tags (a.k.a. web beacons, web bugs or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies. In contrast to cookies, though, clear GIFs are embedded invisibly on web pages, not stored on your hard drive. We might use clear GIFs to track the activities of users of our Sites, help us manage content, and compile statistics about usage. We and our third-party service providers also might use clear GIFs in HTML e-mails to our customers, to help us track e-mail response rates, identify when our e-mails are viewed, and track whether our e-mails are forwarded.
Do Not Track Browser Settings. Our Sites currently do not recognize browser do-not-track signals/requests. (For more information about Do Not Track signals, please click here). You can, however, opt-out of certain targeted advertising as noted below.
Third-Party Ad Networks
You may opt-out of many third-party ad networks, including those operated by members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) and the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”). For more information about interest-based advertising and ad networks, including how to opt-out of third-party ad networks operated by NAI and DAA members, please visit their respective websites: www.aboutads.info/choices (DAA), and www.networkadvertising.org/optout_nonppii.asp (NAI). Opting out of one or more NAI or DAA member networks (many of which will be the same) only means that those members no longer will deliver targeted content or ads to you. It does not mean you will no longer receive any ads on our Sites or other websites. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing. Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies, if you erase your cookies, or if you use a different computer or change web browsers, your NAI or DAA opt-out may no longer be effective.
Our Communications. As noted above we may send you emails with news, information and special offers. You may opt-out of such communications by following the opt-out instructions contained in the e-mail or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the word UNSUBSCRIBE in the subject or body of your email. Please note that it may take up to 10 business days for us to process opt-out requests. If you opt-out of receiving emails about recommendations or other information we think may interest you, we may still send you e-mails about your account or orders, as well as sweepstakes in which you participate. We may also ask you to consent to receive text message communications from us. You may opt-out entirely of receiving any text messages from us—promotional, transactional or otherwise—by replying STOP at any time to 4069.
Special Information for California Consumers; Your California Privacy Rights
California residents may request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain personal information about you for the third party’s own marketing purposes. You may make one request per calendar year. In your request, please attest that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response to you. We will respond to you within thirty (30) days. You may request this information in writing by contacting us email@example.com.
If you participate in our online services or access certain public or other interactive areas on the Sites, such as commenting on our blog or by creating a public profile, the information you voluntarily disclose may be accessible to other Site users and, in some cases, the general public. We cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Third-Party Plugins and Social Networking Features
At times, we may incorporate some third-party social networking features on the Sites or utilize third-party provided platforms to publish or manage the Sites or portions thereof. For example, our Sites may include social media features and widgets, such as the Facebook Like button and the “Share this” button, as well as other interactive mini-programs that run on our Sites and enable certain features to work (e.g., blogs and comments). These features may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our Sites, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly and for other purposes. These features are displayed on our Sites, but are hosted by third parties, and are subject to their own privacy policies, not this one.
How We Protect Your Information
We have implemented safeguards to protect the information we collect. However, no data security measures can guarantee 100% security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that nobody else knows or can easily guess, and keeping your log-in and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any activity on your account via unauthorized password activity.
Our Sites do not target children, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of thirteen (13).
The Sites may contain links to other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our sites and to read the privacy statements of each and every web site that collects personally identifiable information. Users should be particularly aware that certain links from our sites may be “framed” by a banner from one of the Sites at the top of the third-party site’s web pages. This Privacy Notice applies solely to information collected by the Sites, and none of the Sites bears any responsibility for any actions or policies of such third-party web sites including all framed sites.
Destination Maternity Corporation
Attn: Customer Service
232 Strawbridge Drive
Moorestown, NJ 08057